After being purchased privately for a lofty but undisclosed sum, Sky Girl provided new owner John Clay's Alpha Delta Stables with a quick return on investment in the $110,000 Dogwood Stakes Sept. 21 at Churchill Downs.
So Many Ways, winner of the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) at 2 and the Eight Belles (gr. III) this season, heads a field of nine 3-year-old fillies in the $100,000 Dogwood Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 21 at Churchill Downs.
Can Lighthouse Bay, who won the Prioress at odds of 21-1, hold off the likes of My Happy Face, So Many Ways, Ju Ju Eyeballs, Baby J, and California invader Sweet Lulu in Saratoga's $500,000 Test?
Richlyn Farm's homebred Lighthouse Bay upset the $300,000 Prioress Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course July 27, winning at odds of 21-1 while 2-5 favorite Kauai Katie failed to fire.
Kauai Katie has not run at Saratoga Race Course since winning the Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) as a 2-year-old, but she's 2-for-2 at the upstate oval, having broken her maiden at first asking there by 12 lengths.
With seven 3-year-old fillies contending in mid-stretch, Maggi Moss' So Many Ways proved best late to win the $177,150 Eight Belles Stakes May 3 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.