Multiple grade I winner Turbulent Descent drew post 3 for the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I). The daughter of Congrats will face 12 Nov. 4 going seven furlongs as the 6-5 favorite.
Favored Tanda turned the tables on Irish Gypsy to record her first victory since May 2010, taking the $147,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar Aug. 21.
Bouncing back quickly from a disappointing trip to Saratoga two weeks earlier, Irish Gypsy heads the field in the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar Aug. 21.
This week's nominees: First Dude, Blind Luck, Irish Gypsy, A. U. Miner. Read More
Front-running Tar Heel Mom overpowered her four rivals in the $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II), drawing off in the stretch for a 5 3/4-length romp at Saratoga Aug. 7.
Fresh off her narrow win in the A Gleam Handicap (gr. II), California shipper Irish Gypsy tries New York racing for the first time when she faces four rivals in the $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) Aug. 7 at Saratoga
Front-running Irish Gypsy, all-out under urging from Martin Garcia, got to the wire in the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) by an official nose over favored Ultra Blend at Hollywood Park July 16.
A starting spot in the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) is at stake when a field of nine lines up for the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park July 16.
Irish Gypsy capped a big card at Hollywood Park for trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Martin Garcia on Father's Day when she captured the $76,050 Desert Stormer Handicap by 1 1/4 lengths as the favorite June 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream