Multiple grade I winner Turbulent Descent drew post 3 for the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I). The daughter of Congrats will face 12 Nov. 4 going seven furlongs as the 6-5 favorite.
Favored Tanda turned the tables on Irish Gypsy to record her first victory since May 2010, taking the $147,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar Aug. 21.
Bouncing back quickly from a disappointing trip to Saratoga two weeks earlier, Irish Gypsy heads the field in the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar Aug. 21.
This week's nominees: First Dude, Blind Luck, Irish Gypsy, A. U. Miner. Read More
Front-running Tar Heel Mom overpowered her four rivals in the $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II), drawing off in the stretch for a 5 3/4-length romp at Saratoga Aug. 7.
Fresh off her narrow win in the A Gleam Handicap (gr. II), California shipper Irish Gypsy tries New York racing for the first time when she faces four rivals in the $150,000 Honorable Miss Handicap (gr. II) Aug. 7 at Saratoga
Front-running Irish Gypsy, all-out under urging from Martin Garcia, got to the wire in the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) by an official nose over favored Ultra Blend at Hollywood Park July 16.
A starting spot in the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) is at stake when a field of nine lines up for the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park July 16.
Irish Gypsy capped a big card at Hollywood Park for trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Martin Garcia on Father's Day when she captured the $76,050 Desert Stormer Handicap by 1 1/4 lengths as the favorite June 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager