Bred for stamina top and bottom, Montjeu never would have had a chance had he stood in North America. But Europe is a different world in Thoroughbred breeding.
Jukebox Jury and Duncan provided a scintillating finish to the $296,000 Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I), hitting the wire together to dead-heat in the last Irish classic race of the season Sept. 10.
Sans Frontieres swept down the outside of the course and ran out an easy winner of the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at a rain-soaked Curragh Sept. 11.
British raider Collier Hill denied veteran Vinnie Roe a fifth consecutive win in the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Saturday.
Michael Watts and Jim Sheridan's Vinnie Roe made history at The Curragh Saturday when the classy 5-year-old won his third consecutive Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Inner-Track Star Storied Lady Set for Cat Cay
- Major Stakes Winners Show Up for Hillsborough
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Three Derby Preps Highlight Huge Weekend
- Consumer Credit Ranks High in Fla. Oaks
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach
- Georgia Pari-Mutuel Legislation Advances