Bred for stamina top and bottom, Montjeu never would have had a chance had he stood in North America. But Europe is a different world in Thoroughbred breeding.
Jukebox Jury and Duncan provided a scintillating finish to the $296,000 Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I), hitting the wire together to dead-heat in the last Irish classic race of the season Sept. 10.
Sans Frontieres swept down the outside of the course and ran out an easy winner of the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at a rain-soaked Curragh Sept. 11.
British raider Collier Hill denied veteran Vinnie Roe a fifth consecutive win in the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Saturday.
Michael Watts and Jim Sheridan's Vinnie Roe made history at The Curragh Saturday when the classy 5-year-old won his third consecutive Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu Stakes
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song