Bred for stamina top and bottom, Montjeu never would have had a chance had he stood in North America. But Europe is a different world in Thoroughbred breeding.
Jukebox Jury and Duncan provided a scintillating finish to the $296,000 Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I), hitting the wire together to dead-heat in the last Irish classic race of the season Sept. 10.
Sans Frontieres swept down the outside of the course and ran out an easy winner of the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at a rain-soaked Curragh Sept. 11.
British raider Collier Hill denied veteran Vinnie Roe a fifth consecutive win in the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Saturday.
Michael Watts and Jim Sheridan's Vinnie Roe made history at The Curragh Saturday when the classy 5-year-old won his third consecutive Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity