Bred for stamina top and bottom, Montjeu never would have had a chance had he stood in North America. But Europe is a different world in Thoroughbred breeding.
Jukebox Jury and Duncan provided a scintillating finish to the $296,000 Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I), hitting the wire together to dead-heat in the last Irish classic race of the season Sept. 10.
Sans Frontieres swept down the outside of the course and ran out an easy winner of the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at a rain-soaked Curragh Sept. 11.
British raider Collier Hill denied veteran Vinnie Roe a fifth consecutive win in the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Saturday.
Michael Watts and Jim Sheridan's Vinnie Roe made history at The Curragh Saturday when the classy 5-year-old won his third consecutive Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George