Bred for stamina top and bottom, Montjeu never would have had a chance had he stood in North America. But Europe is a different world in Thoroughbred breeding.
Jukebox Jury and Duncan provided a scintillating finish to the $296,000 Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I), hitting the wire together to dead-heat in the last Irish classic race of the season Sept. 10.
Sans Frontieres swept down the outside of the course and ran out an easy winner of the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at a rain-soaked Curragh Sept. 11.
British raider Collier Hill denied veteran Vinnie Roe a fifth consecutive win in the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Saturday.
Michael Watts and Jim Sheridan's Vinnie Roe made history at The Curragh Saturday when the classy 5-year-old won his third consecutive Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction