Bred for stamina top and bottom, Montjeu never would have had a chance had he stood in North America. But Europe is a different world in Thoroughbred breeding.
Jukebox Jury and Duncan provided a scintillating finish to the $296,000 Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I), hitting the wire together to dead-heat in the last Irish classic race of the season Sept. 10.
Sans Frontieres swept down the outside of the course and ran out an easy winner of the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at a rain-soaked Curragh Sept. 11.
British raider Collier Hill denied veteran Vinnie Roe a fifth consecutive win in the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Saturday.
Michael Watts and Jim Sheridan's Vinnie Roe made history at The Curragh Saturday when the classy 5-year-old won his third consecutive Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio