Bred for stamina top and bottom, Montjeu never would have had a chance had he stood in North America. But Europe is a different world in Thoroughbred breeding.
Jukebox Jury and Duncan provided a scintillating finish to the $296,000 Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I), hitting the wire together to dead-heat in the last Irish classic race of the season Sept. 10.
Sans Frontieres swept down the outside of the course and ran out an easy winner of the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at a rain-soaked Curragh Sept. 11.
British raider Collier Hill denied veteran Vinnie Roe a fifth consecutive win in the Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I) at the Curragh on Saturday.
Michael Watts and Jim Sheridan's Vinnie Roe made history at The Curragh Saturday when the classy 5-year-old won his third consecutive Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen