The Keeneland January horses of all ages auction generated a sale-record median price during its seven-day run in Lexington, and its average price increased from 2007, while the gross revenue suffered a slight setback even though the number of horse sold plunged.
Irish Cherry's $2.7-million price leads the way as gross and average rise at Keeneland.
Foreign buyers expected to boost market at Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown