The Keeneland January horses of all ages auction generated a sale-record median price during its seven-day run in Lexington, and its average price increased from 2007, while the gross revenue suffered a slight setback even though the number of horse sold plunged.
Irish Cherry's $2.7-million price leads the way as gross and average rise at Keeneland.
Foreign buyers expected to boost market at Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case