The Keeneland January horses of all ages auction generated a sale-record median price during its seven-day run in Lexington, and its average price increased from 2007, while the gross revenue suffered a slight setback even though the number of horse sold plunged.
Irish Cherry's $2.7-million price leads the way as gross and average rise at Keeneland.
Foreign buyers expected to boost market at Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering