The Keeneland January horses of all ages auction generated a sale-record median price during its seven-day run in Lexington, and its average price increased from 2007, while the gross revenue suffered a slight setback even though the number of horse sold plunged.
Irish Cherry's $2.7-million price leads the way as gross and average rise at Keeneland.
Foreign buyers expected to boost market at Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap