Foreign-breds ran away with the top three places of the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) Nov. 18 at Kyoto Racecourse, with Irish-bred Zenno El Cid (Caerleon--Embla, by Dominion) cruising to a three-quarter-length win.
British and Irish breeders are hoping mares that can't be shipped to stallions because of restrictions imposed by the foot-and-mouth outbreak will be able to do so later in the breeding season. Movement of horses in Great Britain, outside the immediate exclusion zones around the 70 confirmed British outbreaks of foot and mouth, is not controlled. Dispensation, with proper precautions, is possible even within such zones.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California