Foreign-breds ran away with the top three places of the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) Nov. 18 at Kyoto Racecourse, with Irish-bred Zenno El Cid (Caerleon--Embla, by Dominion) cruising to a three-quarter-length win.
British and Irish breeders are hoping mares that can't be shipped to stallions because of restrictions imposed by the foot-and-mouth outbreak will be able to do so later in the breeding season. Movement of horses in Great Britain, outside the immediate exclusion zones around the 70 confirmed British outbreaks of foot and mouth, is not controlled. Dispensation, with proper precautions, is possible even within such zones.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success