World Stage, an 11-year-old son of Sadler's Wells, will stand at Music Note Farm near Ocala, Fla.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2004 Winter Mixed Sale begins a four-day run on Jan. 19th. A total of 1090 lots are cataloged for the sale, which begins with 240 horses in a Consignor Preferred Session. Sessions begin daily at 11 a.m.
Horseman P. Noel Hickey and his wife, Margaret, have sold 153 acres of their 300-acre Irish Acres Farm near Ocala, Fla., for $1.54 million to a trust headed by real estate developer Steve Rudnianyn.
Henry Pabst's speedy Keats is the morning line favorite for Saturday's $250,000 National Jockey Club Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne Race Course.
Irish Acres Farm's homebred Colorful Tour stormed down the rail to tally by 1 1/2 length over Ask The Lord in Saturday's $100,000 Essex Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Defending champion Crafty Shaw heads a field of 10 for Saturday's featured $100,000 Essex Handicap (gr. III), the first hundred-grand stakes of the 2003 season at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes