A Street Sense colt brought $210,000 early in the afternoon during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Oct. 1.
A South Florida entity has paid nearly $17.3 million for one of the largest farm properties located near Ocala, Fla., according to public deed records.
Bucksplasher, who sired Eclipse Award winner and Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) victor Buck's Boy, died the first week of October.
Horseman P. Noel Hickey and his wife, Margaret, have sold 153 acres of their 300-acre Irish Acres Farm near Ocala, Fla., for $1.54 million to a trust headed by real estate developer Steve Rudnianyn.
Irish Acres Farm's front-running Colorful Tour won his fifth straight Sunday, holding off 6-5 favorite Crafty Shaw and Windward Passage in the $100,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
A proposed Wal-Mart distribution center that would mean additional jobs for Marion County, Fla., continues to be a source of concern for many area farm owners.
Wal-Mart is considering building a 1.2 million-square-foot distribution center north of Ocala, Fla., and one potential site is 100 acres of Noel Hickey's 320-acre Irish Acres farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile