A Street Sense colt brought $210,000 early in the afternoon during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Oct. 1.
A South Florida entity has paid nearly $17.3 million for one of the largest farm properties located near Ocala, Fla., according to public deed records.
Bucksplasher, who sired Eclipse Award winner and Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) victor Buck's Boy, died the first week of October.
Horseman P. Noel Hickey and his wife, Margaret, have sold 153 acres of their 300-acre Irish Acres Farm near Ocala, Fla., for $1.54 million to a trust headed by real estate developer Steve Rudnianyn.
Irish Acres Farm's front-running Colorful Tour won his fifth straight Sunday, holding off 6-5 favorite Crafty Shaw and Windward Passage in the $100,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
A proposed Wal-Mart distribution center that would mean additional jobs for Marion County, Fla., continues to be a source of concern for many area farm owners.
Wal-Mart is considering building a 1.2 million-square-foot distribution center north of Ocala, Fla., and one potential site is 100 acres of Noel Hickey's 320-acre Irish Acres farm.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released