A Street Sense colt brought $210,000 early in the afternoon during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale Oct. 1.
A South Florida entity has paid nearly $17.3 million for one of the largest farm properties located near Ocala, Fla., according to public deed records.
Bucksplasher, who sired Eclipse Award winner and Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) victor Buck's Boy, died the first week of October.
Horseman P. Noel Hickey and his wife, Margaret, have sold 153 acres of their 300-acre Irish Acres Farm near Ocala, Fla., for $1.54 million to a trust headed by real estate developer Steve Rudnianyn.
Irish Acres Farm's front-running Colorful Tour won his fifth straight Sunday, holding off 6-5 favorite Crafty Shaw and Windward Passage in the $100,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
- By Ben Baugh
A proposed Wal-Mart distribution center that would mean additional jobs for Marion County, Fla., continues to be a source of concern for many area farm owners.
- By Ben Baugh
Wal-Mart is considering building a 1.2 million-square-foot distribution center north of Ocala, Fla., and one potential site is 100 acres of Noel Hickey's 320-acre Irish Acres farm.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84