Only eight 3-year-olds have won both the English 2,000 Guineas and the Irish 2,000 Guineas. On May 27 Coolmore owned/Ballydoyle trained Churchill became number nine.
Henrythenavigator made it a Guineas sweep when he powered away from rival New Approach to capture the Boylesports Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) by 1 3/4-lengths at The Curragh May 24.
Cockney Rebel proved that his victory in the Stan James Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket earlier this month wasn't a fluke by adding the Boylesports Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park