Only eight 3-year-olds have won both the English 2,000 Guineas and the Irish 2,000 Guineas. On May 27 Coolmore owned/Ballydoyle trained Churchill became number nine.
Henrythenavigator made it a Guineas sweep when he powered away from rival New Approach to capture the Boylesports Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) by 1 3/4-lengths at The Curragh May 24.
Cockney Rebel proved that his victory in the Stan James Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) at Newmarket earlier this month wasn't a fluke by adding the Boylesports Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes