By Ray Paulick -- A story in the July 3 issue of The Blood-Horse on the resignation of William S. Farish as the U.S. ambassador to the Court of St. James took an unfair and undeserving shot at the master of Lane's End Farm, a longtime friend of the Bush family whose three-year tenure as ambassador came at one of the most trying times for America since World War II.
Author Laura Hillenbrand (Seabiscuit: An American Legend) and actor Gary Sinise (Forrest Gump, Apollo 13) have announced the launch of Operation Iraqi Children, a program that will enable Americans to send school supplies and Arabic translations of Seabiscuit to Iraqi children.
- By Steve Haskin
Laura Hillenbrand's mega bestseller "Seabiscuit" and the hit movie that followed have reached far beyond the realm of Thoroughbred racing and become international treasures. But not even Hillenbrand was aware just how inspirational her book was until several recent e-mails from Iraq.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong