Georgie Boy and jockey Garrett Gomez found room at the rail in the homestretch and stormed past to a convincing 2 1/4-length victory in the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Sprint at Santa Anita Jan. 24.
Georgie Boy, a three-time graded stakes winner and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) contender before suffering an injury in late March, has resumed training and is being pointed towards a return to the racetrack in October, his owner-breeder George Schwary said Sept. 19.
Making his first start in more than five months, grade I winner Georgie Boy kicked off his 3-year-old campaign in fine style with a big closing rush to win the $147,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II).
We frequently find that horses that outrun their pedigrees have clever pedigree patterns. We were reminded again of that fact when Georgie Boy a son of rising California stallion star, Tribal Rule captured the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) on Sept. 5. The race marked an advance in form for the youngster, who broke his maiden in the restricted Graduation Stakes on his third outing, and then took second to the Futurity runner-up, Salute the Sarge, in the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland