The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's fall sale Oct. 12 saw median soar 111% from last year.
Iowa has removed a restriction requiring Iowa-registered stallions to be owned by in-state residents, and breeders believe the legislative change with foster growth in the program.
Breeding seasons to more than 140 stallions from 20 states will be up for bid in an online auction for the ITBOA Stallion Stakes Dec. 7-14.
Paced by two yearlings who sold for the second-highest price in sale history, the Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association yearling sale Oct. 20 registered its highest gross since 2004.
A Dunkirk colt brought $36,000 to top the Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association fall mixed sale Aug. 26 at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines.
More than 150 seasons to stallions standing in 23 states will be offered during the Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's annual online stallion season auction from Dec. 4-11.
Prairie Meadows jockey Vicki Warhol is out indefinitely after having a shoulder and five ribs broken while being trampled by a horse in its stall.
Several states have announced their state-bred champions who have proven themselves worthy of receiving honors in 2005.
Prairie Meadows' 47-day spring meet saw overall betting drop 28% after switching from racing Monday afternoons, when it had strong simulcast betting, to Thursday evenings.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark