With six stakes worth more than $1 million, Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino will hold its biggest racing weekend of the year June 24-25, highlighted by the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. III).
Winless in six starts since capturing last fall's Super Derby (gr. II), My Pal Charlie is the 120-pound high weight for the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) on June 27.
The list of big-name trainers that Jimmy Zook outruns at Prairie Meadows just keeps growing.
You don't ever think that you will beat them like that. That's just icing on the cake," said winning trainer Ronnie Werner at Prairie Meadows on Friday evening just moments after his trainee, Touch Tone, won the third running of the Iowa Derby for owner Tom R. Durant.
G. Watt's Humphrey's 5-year-old bay mare, Royal Fair, will try for her fourth win in Friday's $125,000 Iowa Distaff at Prairie Meadows.
It may be called the Iowa Festival of Racing at Prairie Meadows, but so far it's been a Kentucky roadshow.
Most Popular Stories
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Summer Hit Aimed for All American Three-Peat
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Jockey Taylor Hole Rides 2,000th Winner
- Ostrolenka Appears Poised for Mike Lee Stakes
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont