With six stakes worth more than $1 million, Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino will hold its biggest racing weekend of the year June 24-25, highlighted by the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. III).
Winless in six starts since capturing last fall's Super Derby (gr. II), My Pal Charlie is the 120-pound high weight for the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) on June 27.
The list of big-name trainers that Jimmy Zook outruns at Prairie Meadows just keeps growing.
You don't ever think that you will beat them like that. That's just icing on the cake," said winning trainer Ronnie Werner at Prairie Meadows on Friday evening just moments after his trainee, Touch Tone, won the third running of the Iowa Derby for owner Tom R. Durant.
G. Watt's Humphrey's 5-year-old bay mare, Royal Fair, will try for her fourth win in Friday's $125,000 Iowa Distaff at Prairie Meadows.
It may be called the Iowa Festival of Racing at Prairie Meadows, but so far it's been a Kentucky roadshow.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew