Sumting Wong was named both Iowa-bred Horse of the Year and Iowa-bred older female for 2015 at the combined Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners and Iowa HBPA awards banquet at Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino May 14.
The sale of Iowa-bred Lovethatlegend to New York interests is official, owner Vickie Cosaert said Sept. 8.
Sure Shot Biscuit, the only Iowa-bred to earn $1 million, has been retired. The 7-year-old won 23 of 54 races and earned $1,025,480, nearly twice as much money as the runner-up: his full sister, Nut N Better.
Lovethatlegend is poised to net a record sale price for an Iowa-bred horse. Providing she passes a veterinary check, Lovethatlegend will be sold for $365,000 and be sent to New York to join the stable of Bobby Frankel.
On Tuesday evening, Sure Shot Biscuit eclipsed the $1 million mark in career earnings at Prairie Meadows. The 6-year-old gelding, owned by Okoboji Racing Stable and trained by Kelly Von Hemel, is the first Iowa-bred in history to reach that milestone.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill