Breeders' Cup, under fire for a plan to suspend the Breeders' Cup Stakes program, issued a memorandum Dec. 18 that in part explains the organization's financial situation and investment strategy.
This time Man of Illusion had a clean trip. In his first start in this country, the Australian-bred horse had tons of trouble and still was beaten only two lengths in Keeneland's Shakertown (gr. IIIT). Friday, he had clear sailing and won the $116,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Darby Dan Promotes Hammond to Vice Chairman
- Solow Aims to Keep Win Streak Alive in Sussex
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- United Tote Renews With Keeneland, Red Mile
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field