Breeders' Cup, under fire for a plan to suspend the Breeders' Cup Stakes program, issued a memorandum Dec. 18 that in part explains the organization's financial situation and investment strategy.
This time Man of Illusion had a clean trip. In his first start in this country, the Australian-bred horse had tons of trouble and still was beaten only two lengths in Keeneland's Shakertown (gr. IIIT). Friday, he had clear sailing and won the $116,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate