Minding overcame traffic trouble in the early stretch and won the £475,000 Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) June 3, giving trainer Aidan O'Brien a sixth triumph in the English filly classic.
Longshot Qualify wore down favorite Legatissimo in the final strides and won the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) by a short head June 5 at Epsom Downs.
Shadwell homebred Taghrooda, from Sea The Stars' first crop, won the Investec Epsom Oaks (In Memory of Henry Cecil) (Eng-I) June 6. She was ridden by Paul Hanagan for trainer John Gosden.
Recent Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner Marvellous is the pre-race favorite among 17 fillies entered for the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) June 6.
Trainer Ralph Beckett enjoyed a one-two finish in the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) May 31 when his lightly regarded Talent closed furiously from near last to deny stablemate Secret Gesture in a 20-1 upset.
Qatar Racing will bid to win a second classic in less than a week after recently acquiring a half-interest in Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) favorite Secret Gesture.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
A female-line descendent of the top sire-producing mare Selene, Sariska adds the group I Irish Oaks to her impressive record. Here is an example of a stamina-oriented damline infused with raw speed.
Most Popular Stories
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Gregson Foundation, Old Friends 2017 BC Beneficiaries