The Aga Khan homebred Harzand moved to the lead in midstretch of the Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and fought off a challenge from Us Army Ranger to win the 1 1/2-mile classic June 4 at Epsom Downs.
In a perfectly judge ride from Frankie Dettori, Golden Horn dispelled all doubts about his staying power when trouncing rivals in a brilliant 3 1/2-length Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) win June 6.
Undefeated Golden Horn will aim for classic success in the Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) June 6. He enters off easy victory in the Betfred Dante Stakes (Eng-II).
Following the May 22 deadline for scratches, 16 3-year-olds remain eligible for the Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I), set for June 6. The classic is Britain's richest race, with a prize fund of at least 1.325 million.
Australia, third in the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) last month, is the favorite for the Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I), which will have its 236th running June 7.
Unbeaten Dawn Approach will have 11 challengers as the favorite for the 234th Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) June 1.
Carlton House, owned by Queen Elizabeth II, is one of 13 declared runners for the $2 million Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I), which takes place June 4 at Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bode's Dream Makes Return in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Set for Garland of Roses