Fred Pope discusses the rise of bet takers, which pull more money from purses than slots push in. Read Blog
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - So many people owe thanks to Jonabell Farm founder John A. Bell III, who served on countless committees with numerous industry organizations for more than a half-century.
On Wednesday, the U. S. House Judiciary Committee is scheduled to discuss the "Combating Illegal Gambling Reform and Modernization Act," which has been targeted by at least one legislator who wants to eliminate provisions that protect interstate simulcasting and account wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf