Fred Pope discusses the rise of bet takers, which pull more money from purses than slots push in. Read Blog
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - So many people owe thanks to Jonabell Farm founder John A. Bell III, who served on countless committees with numerous industry organizations for more than a half-century.
On Wednesday, the U. S. House Judiciary Committee is scheduled to discuss the "Combating Illegal Gambling Reform and Modernization Act," which has been targeted by at least one legislator who wants to eliminate provisions that protect interstate simulcasting and account wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- HKJC Executive to Give Round Table Keynote
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications