Sportech Racing and Digital announced Feb. 10 that the Jockey Club del Peru has extended, and significantly expanded, its tote services agreement to include the first horse race betting website in Peru.
Legislation geared toward horse racing, Internet betting, and Atlantic City casinos moved closer to reality in New Jersey Nov. 22 as lawmakers voted to create big changes in the way people can gamble.
Legislation that would allow New Jersey racetracks and Atlantic City casinos to accept wagers on sporting events will go before an Assembly panel the week of Feb. 8.
Customers of the Philadelphia Park Phonebet system can now use the Internet to make wagers. Greenwood Racing, which owns the Pennsylvania racetrack, has unveiled "Phonebet.com," a Web site for computerized betting. Users can watch live odds, the live race feed, and make bets simply by using their mouse.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes