Sportech Racing and Digital announced Feb. 10 that the Jockey Club del Peru has extended, and significantly expanded, its tote services agreement to include the first horse race betting website in Peru.
Legislation geared toward horse racing, Internet betting, and Atlantic City casinos moved closer to reality in New Jersey Nov. 22 as lawmakers voted to create big changes in the way people can gamble.
Legislation that would allow New Jersey racetracks and Atlantic City casinos to accept wagers on sporting events will go before an Assembly panel the week of Feb. 8.
Customers of the Philadelphia Park Phonebet system can now use the Internet to make wagers. Greenwood Racing, which owns the Pennsylvania racetrack, has unveiled "Phonebet.com," a Web site for computerized betting. Users can watch live odds, the live race feed, and make bets simply by using their mouse.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer