Trading was heavy again on Gemstar-TV Guide International Tuesday, but the media and technology company that lost 39% of its stock value Monday ended the day with a small gain.
Gemstar-TVG Guide International, the parent company to the TV Games Network racing channel, suffered a serious blow in court Friday when it lost a crucial patent infringement case.
Gemstar-TV Guide stock plunged Friday after a report released two days ago said the company may have engaged in "patent misuse" and that its on-going patent infringement lawsuit may be groundless.
Gemstar-TV Guide International's stock is tumbling this week because of doubts that the company can protect its interactive programming guide patents in a key court case, according to analysts. Gemstar is the parent company to the TV Games Network, a horse racing network and interactive wagering service.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate