Trading was heavy again on Gemstar-TV Guide International Tuesday, but the media and technology company that lost 39% of its stock value Monday ended the day with a small gain.
Gemstar-TVG Guide International, the parent company to the TV Games Network racing channel, suffered a serious blow in court Friday when it lost a crucial patent infringement case.
Gemstar-TV Guide stock plunged Friday after a report released two days ago said the company may have engaged in "patent misuse" and that its on-going patent infringement lawsuit may be groundless.
Gemstar-TV Guide International's stock is tumbling this week because of doubts that the company can protect its interactive programming guide patents in a key court case, according to analysts. Gemstar is the parent company to the TV Games Network, a horse racing network and interactive wagering service.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm