Trading was heavy again on Gemstar-TV Guide International Tuesday, but the media and technology company that lost 39% of its stock value Monday ended the day with a small gain.
Gemstar-TVG Guide International, the parent company to the TV Games Network racing channel, suffered a serious blow in court Friday when it lost a crucial patent infringement case.
Gemstar-TV Guide stock plunged Friday after a report released two days ago said the company may have engaged in "patent misuse" and that its on-going patent infringement lawsuit may be groundless.
Gemstar-TV Guide International's stock is tumbling this week because of doubts that the company can protect its interactive programming guide patents in a key court case, according to analysts. Gemstar is the parent company to the TV Games Network, a horse racing network and interactive wagering service.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet