Trading was heavy again on Gemstar-TV Guide International Tuesday, but the media and technology company that lost 39% of its stock value Monday ended the day with a small gain.
Gemstar-TVG Guide International, the parent company to the TV Games Network racing channel, suffered a serious blow in court Friday when it lost a crucial patent infringement case.
Gemstar-TV Guide stock plunged Friday after a report released two days ago said the company may have engaged in "patent misuse" and that its on-going patent infringement lawsuit may be groundless.
Gemstar-TV Guide International's stock is tumbling this week because of doubts that the company can protect its interactive programming guide patents in a key court case, according to analysts. Gemstar is the parent company to the TV Games Network, a horse racing network and interactive wagering service.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win