George Sloan, 62, champion amateur steeplechase jockey and chairman of the International Steeplechase Group (ISG), was found dead at his Franklin, Tennessee, farm Oct. 10. Sloan died when the rifle he was carrying accidentally discharged while Sloan was working on a fence at his Panorama Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- AUS Breeders Mull Legal Action Over New Rules
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires