John Nicholson, executive director of the Kentucky Horse Park since June 1, 1997, announced his retirement effective April 30.
Next spring, the International Museum of the Horse at the Kentucky Horse Park will unveil a new, permanent exhibition featuring Triple Crown winner, Affirmed. The exhibition is supported by a loan of Affirmed's racing trophies and memorabilia from his owners, Louis and Patrice Wolfson.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road