The International Jockey Championship had a distinctive Texas flavor Oct. 28 when Dallas native Jerry Bailey sealed the title aboard Promise Of War in the third and final series event for owner Keith Asmussen and trainer Steve Asmussen of the Lone Star state.
Nine of the top jockeys in the world are set to square off Oct. 28 in the International Jockey Championship at Lone Star Park.
Lone Star Park has moved the Jockey Championship from June to October, so this year the event will serve as a lead-in to the Breeders' Cup.
Some of the top international jockeys, including Frankie Dettori, Kieren Fallon, Mick Kinane, Christophe Soumillon, and Victor Espinoza will square off Wednesday evening at Happy Valley Racecourse in Hong Kong for the International Jockey Championship.
Most Popular Stories
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel