Louis Romanet, chairman of the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities, will discuss the importance of and need for international harmonization of medication policies when he delivers the keynote address at The Jockey Club's 57th annual Round Table Conference on Matters Pertaining to Racing at the Gideon Putnam Resort in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Aug. 23.
The troubled World Racing Championships announced Feb. 6 that it will pause its operation for 2006 and will study the feasibility of returning next year with a new merit award system that would give worldwide recognition to the best performers around the world.
Eighty percent of all international horse races are contested in 10% of the countries, according to statistics released Monday by the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016