The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities, Longines, and the Hong Kong Jockey Club announced Sept. 22 that the jockey with the best performance in the world's highest-rated races will be honored.
The chairman of the International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities (IFHA), Louis Romanet, has issued a statement on behalf of the organization regarding animal cruelty allegations in the U.S.
Wise Dan, the reigning North American Horse of the Year, has been surpassed by 3-year-old filly Treve on the list of "World's Best Racehorse Rankings."
The latest developments in medical and technological research that may improve the welfare, health, and safety of jockeys will be presented at an international conference to be held at Monmouth Park Sept. 13-14.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks