The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities, Longines, and the Hong Kong Jockey Club announced Sept. 22 that the jockey with the best performance in the world's highest-rated races will be honored.
The chairman of the International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities (IFHA), Louis Romanet, has issued a statement on behalf of the organization regarding animal cruelty allegations in the U.S.
Wise Dan, the reigning North American Horse of the Year, has been surpassed by 3-year-old filly Treve on the list of "World's Best Racehorse Rankings."
The latest developments in medical and technological research that may improve the welfare, health, and safety of jockeys will be presented at an international conference to be held at Monmouth Park Sept. 13-14.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale