The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities, Longines, and the Hong Kong Jockey Club announced Sept. 22 that the jockey with the best performance in the world's highest-rated races will be honored.
The chairman of the International Federation of Horse Racing Authorities (IFHA), Louis Romanet, has issued a statement on behalf of the organization regarding animal cruelty allegations in the U.S.
Wise Dan, the reigning North American Horse of the Year, has been surpassed by 3-year-old filly Treve on the list of "World's Best Racehorse Rankings."
The latest developments in medical and technological research that may improve the welfare, health, and safety of jockeys will be presented at an international conference to be held at Monmouth Park Sept. 13-14.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Apprentice Aparicio Rides First U.S. Winner