The Oak Tree Racing Association and MI Developments have reached an agreement that will allow Santa Anita Park to run the traditional fall stakes program in Southern California in 2011.
The Equine Equity Act, which reduces the capital gains holding period for horses and shortens the depreciation schedule for racehorses, is part of the 2007 Farm Bill and could be approved by the United States Senate in a few days.
The recent filing for bankruptcy protection by ClassicStar LLC will streamline claims against the one-time broodmare lease operator, an attorney for the embattled entity says, but its effect on multiple legal actions already in the pipeline isn't exactly clear.
A federal judge has ordered ClassicStar and other defendants named in a multimillion-dollar lawsuit to produce certain documents by Jan. 26 or face the possibility of punitive measures.
A day after agents from the Internal Revenue Service were at ClassicStar Farm near Versailles, Ky., the horse operation is continuing, the farm manager said today.
The El Primero Fair Association backed by Cash, Marilyn, and Keith Asmussen and the Laredo National Bank has decided to withdraw its application to open a non-profit Class 3 racetrack near Laredo, Texas.
By Robert R. Hill -- On March 9, President Bush signed the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002, which was a real income tax benefit for U.S. businesses. Fortunately, this tax act is also a significant boon to the horse industry, benefiting both racing and breeding operations.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru