Nicole H pulled clear through the stretch to become the first mare to win three consecutive editions of the $75,000 Interborough at Aqueduct Jan. 1. On the undercard, Arena Elvira won the $75,000 Ladies' Handicap.
Robert J. Amendola's Bank Audit drew off from front-running High Peaks to win the $85,775 Interborough Handicap for fillies and mare by 5 1/2 lengths Saturday at Aqueduct.
Aqueduct rings in the new year with a battle of the Martin boys -- 25-year-old Carlos and his 27-year-old uncle, Greg -- in the $75,000 Interborough Handicap, a six-furlong New Year's Day fixture for fillies and mares 3 and up.
Fit Performer beat Drexel Monorail by 4 1/4 lengths Thursday in the $81,600 Interborough Handicap at Aqueduct.
Eleven months after William Beatson Jr.'s Wilzada debuted impressively in an Aqueduct maiden special weight, the daughter of Meadowlake returns as the horse to beat in Wednesday's $75,000-added Interborough.
Kenneth Taylor's Xtra Heat will make her first start as a 4-year-old on New Year's Day at Aqueduct when she goes to post as the 125-pound high weight in the $75,000 Interborough Handicap. The $5,000 auction purchase will concede from 11 to 14 pounds to her seven rivals in the six-furlong race and has been installed as the 2-5 favorite on the morning line.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Bradester, Valid Meet Again at Monmouth
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Suffolk to Subsidize Shipping for Fall Dates