Interactif may have stamped himself as the horse to beat in next month's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT), as he turned in a dominating performance in the $125,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 11 at Keeneland.
With Anticipation (gr. IIIT) winner Interactif, scratched out of Belmont's off-the-turf Pilgrim Stakes a week ago, will instead try the $125,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds Oct. 11 at Keeneland. He is one of three starters entered for Todd Pletcher.
Eskendereya gave Todd Pletcher a clean sweep of the 2-year-old stakes at Belmont Park Oct. 3 when he split horses coming off the turn and bounded home to an impressive 7 1/4length win in the $154,500 Pilgrim Stakes.
Impressive 2-year-old Interactif, fresh off his commanding victory in the With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT), returns as the one to beat in the $150,000 Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 4 at Belmont Park.
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr., reported on several of his top horses Sept. 25 from Aqueduct, including Paul Pompa Jr.'s Futurity (gr. II) winner D' Funnybone, whose next start is still up in the air.
Wertheimer and Frere's homebred Interactif made his turf debut a successful one, pulling off a 15-1 upset in the $109,500 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 4 at Saratoga.
Two-year-old colts take center stage at Saratoga July 30 as nine up-and-coming young Thoroughbreds look to take the next step on their budding career paths in the 95th running of the $150,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double