Interactif may have stamped himself as the horse to beat in next month's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT), as he turned in a dominating performance in the $125,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 11 at Keeneland.
With Anticipation (gr. IIIT) winner Interactif, scratched out of Belmont's off-the-turf Pilgrim Stakes a week ago, will instead try the $125,000 Bourbon Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds Oct. 11 at Keeneland. He is one of three starters entered for Todd Pletcher.
Eskendereya gave Todd Pletcher a clean sweep of the 2-year-old stakes at Belmont Park Oct. 3 when he split horses coming off the turn and bounded home to an impressive 7 1/4length win in the $154,500 Pilgrim Stakes.
Impressive 2-year-old Interactif, fresh off his commanding victory in the With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT), returns as the one to beat in the $150,000 Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 4 at Belmont Park.
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr., reported on several of his top horses Sept. 25 from Aqueduct, including Paul Pompa Jr.'s Futurity (gr. II) winner D' Funnybone, whose next start is still up in the air.
Wertheimer and Frere's homebred Interactif made his turf debut a successful one, pulling off a 15-1 upset in the $109,500 With Anticipation Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 4 at Saratoga.
Two-year-old colts take center stage at Saratoga July 30 as nine up-and-coming young Thoroughbreds look to take the next step on their budding career paths in the 95th running of the $150,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies