Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) runner-up Havana is likely to make his 3-year-old debut in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 1, trainer Todd Pletcher said.
Steve Haskin presents his first official Kentucky Derby Dozen this week! See if any of your Kentucky Derby horses to watch made his Derby Dozen. read blog
His slate-gray tail streaming behind him, Cairo Prince put on quite a show in the $400,000 Miller Lite Holy Bull Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 25 at Gulfstream Park, winning by 5 3/4 lengths over 10 other 3-year-olds.
Dania Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) winner Mr Speaker breezed a half-mile at Payson Park the morning of Jan. 19 in preparation for a scheduled start in the upcoming $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
The road to the 2014 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) goes through Aqueduct Nov. 30 when nine 2 year olds line up in the nine-furlong Remsen Stakes.
Delta Downs' racing office has received 14 pre-entries to this year's $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III), which will be renewed for the 11th time Nov. 23.
Undefeated Jose Sea View, the only stakes winner in the field of the Nov. 3 Nashua Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack, will attempt to keep his record perfect when he races on dirt for the first time in the one-mile event.
Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) winner takes on brilliant maiden winners Honor Code and Havana in $500,000 headline event for 2-year-olds Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field