Jockey Ramon Dominguez and trainer Gary Contessa won their respective titles and set records when Aqueduct concluded its 2007-08 inner-track meet March 30. Racing switches to the main track April 2.
Aqueduct's winterized inner track opens Nov. 28, but not without trepidation from horsemen concerning the future of New York Thoroughbred racing.
Citing poor track conditions, Turfway Park canceled the remainder of Monday's race card following the third race. Poor weather has also delayed opening of Aqueduct's main track.
The first inner track race of the season at Aqueduct is Saturday's grade III Queen's County Handicap. Eight horses are expected for the race.
Registration has begun for the Aqueduct Inner Track Fantasy Challenge, the winner of which will receive a $1,000 betting voucher from the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Team Equest Designed to Attract New Owners
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33