Trainer David Jacobson and jockey Jose Ortiz opened up decisive early leads and cruised to the finish line to win their respective titles as the inner track meet came to a close on Saturday, March 28 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez and trainer Gary Contessa won their respective titles and set records when Aqueduct concluded its 2007-08 inner-track meet March 30. Racing switches to the main track April 2.
Aqueduct's winterized inner track opens Nov. 28, but not without trepidation from horsemen concerning the future of New York Thoroughbred racing.
Citing poor track conditions, Turfway Park canceled the remainder of Monday's race card following the third race. Poor weather has also delayed opening of Aqueduct's main track.
The first inner track race of the season at Aqueduct is Saturday's grade III Queen's County Handicap. Eight horses are expected for the race.
Registration has begun for the Aqueduct Inner Track Fantasy Challenge, the winner of which will receive a $1,000 betting voucher from the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve