Fresh off back-to-back stakes wins, Paul Pompa, Jr.'s homebred Send It In will look to sustain his recent hot start in headlining a field of 10 in the $125,000 Stymie Stakes going 1 1/8-miles on the inner dirt track March 12 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
The new year is so far indeed a happy one for 5-year-old Saythreehailmary's and her connections. On Jan. 10 at Aqueduct Racetrack, the dark bay mare picked up where she left off in 2015, winning her second consecutive stakes.
Trainer David Jacobson and jockey Jose Ortiz opened up decisive early leads and cruised to the finish line to win their respective titles as the inner track meet came to a close on Saturday, March 28 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez and trainer Gary Contessa won their respective titles and set records when Aqueduct concluded its 2007-08 inner-track meet March 30. Racing switches to the main track April 2.
Aqueduct's winterized inner track opens Nov. 28, but not without trepidation from horsemen concerning the future of New York Thoroughbred racing.
Citing poor track conditions, Turfway Park canceled the remainder of Monday's race card following the third race. Poor weather has also delayed opening of Aqueduct's main track.
The first inner track race of the season at Aqueduct is Saturday's grade III Queen's County Handicap. Eight horses are expected for the race.
Registration has begun for the Aqueduct Inner Track Fantasy Challenge, the winner of which will receive a $1,000 betting voucher from the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Breeders' Cup, NTRA Launch New Contest Website
- Sunny Ridge Named New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts