Jockey Ramon Dominguez and trainer Gary Contessa won their respective titles and set records when Aqueduct concluded its 2007-08 inner-track meet March 30. Racing switches to the main track April 2.
Aqueduct's winterized inner track opens Nov. 28, but not without trepidation from horsemen concerning the future of New York Thoroughbred racing.
Citing poor track conditions, Turfway Park canceled the remainder of Monday's race card following the third race. Poor weather has also delayed opening of Aqueduct's main track.
The first inner track race of the season at Aqueduct is Saturday's grade III Queen's County Handicap. Eight horses are expected for the race.
Registration has begun for the Aqueduct Inner Track Fantasy Challenge, the winner of which will receive a $1,000 betting voucher from the New York Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector