The Family Foundation of Kentucky has filed an injunction in the Kentucky Court of Appeals to halt the operation of Instant Racing machines at Kentucky Downs.
A federal judge June 4 heard preliminary arguments over a proposed injunction filed by Kentucky horsemen asking to reinstate a 20% purse cut imposed by Churchill Downs.
In a flurry of responses filed recently in federal court, Kentucky horsemen claim Churchill Downs Inc. owes purse funds upwards to $3 million in unpaid fees from wagering revenues, and have asked a judge to force the racetrack company to pay out funds lost from a 20% purse cut.
- By Tom LaMarra
Horsemen and veterinarians who are seeking an injunction to stall the tighter race-day medication policy set to take effect Sept. 7, opening night of the Turfway Park meet, indicated uncertainty over aspects of the policy could impact the entry box.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- The Devil You Say