The $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita, postponed Jan. 5 due to the unsafe condition of the course's new Cushion Track following a powerful storm, returns with its original field of 3-year-old fillies intact Jan. 13.
Trainer Bobby Frankel brings out another of his Empire Maker youngsters, Juddmonte Farms' homebred Turn Away, in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita Cushion Track Jan. 5.
Stonerside Stable's Country Star entered the $500,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) as one of only two juveniles without a win to her credit. It did not matter, as the Empire Maker filly showed a finishing kick that was plenty good enough to earn a one-length victory on Keeneland's Polytrack in the opening day feature Oct. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks