The $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita, postponed Jan. 5 due to the unsafe condition of the course's new Cushion Track following a powerful storm, returns with its original field of 3-year-old fillies intact Jan. 13.
Trainer Bobby Frankel brings out another of his Empire Maker youngsters, Juddmonte Farms' homebred Turn Away, in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies on the Santa Anita Cushion Track Jan. 5.
Stonerside Stable's Country Star entered the $500,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) as one of only two juveniles without a win to her credit. It did not matter, as the Empire Maker filly showed a finishing kick that was plenty good enough to earn a one-length victory on Keeneland's Polytrack in the opening day feature Oct. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Rupture in Older Horses
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014