Within the week the Massachusetts legislature is expected to address an economic stimulus package which includes as many as 6,000 slot machines at racetracks. The Boston Herald reported Wednesday that the amendment was filed by Senator Brian Lees.
If Breeders' Cup history repeats itself at this year's World Thoroughbred Championships, bet on sunny weather and horses who have raced previously at Santa Anita.
At an Oct. 21 open forum on Kentucky's equine medication policy, nearly everyone agreed the state should be part of a national effort to attain uniformity. However, opinions varied widely when it came to just what that policy should include.
Horsemen at Suffolk Downs feared they would have nowhere to go if the Boston track's management chose to move the winter meet starting date from January to May. Those fears intensified when on Tuesday the track officials applied for 150-day meet that would open May 1.
Old Friends, the Kentucky-based operation that aspires to give the public access to retired notable Thoroughbreds, could open its doors at Afton Farm near Midway, Ky., as early as next March.
Rain, cooler temperatures, and tenacious firefighters are finally extinguishing many of the fires that have burned in British Columbia for the last six weeks. Owners of one Thoroughbred farm are rebuilding after flames took two barns, while two others are rejoicing after a close call.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Bejarano to Ride Bolo in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan
- El Kabeir in Sharp Drill for Kentucky Derby
- Duramente Storms Home in Japanese Guineas
- I'm a Chatterbox Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Lone Star Cancels Part of April 18 Race Card
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout