This past December more than 5,400 veterinarians, students, and industry members from 48 countries convened in Orlando, Fla., for five days of continuing education at the 2016 American Association of Equine Practitioners annual convention.
The Illinois Racing Board Nov. 27 approved Hawthorne Race Course's request to drop seven Wednesday cards because of the effects of an outbreak of neurological equine herpes on the backstretch.
Calder restricts training hours, racing entry of horses in two barns that may have been exposed to neurological form of equine herpesvirus type-1 (EHV-1). Regulations expected to last into early January.
Britain's Levy Board has extensively changed its codes of practice regarding the infectious diseases CEM, EHV and EVA, which can severely disrupt horse breeding.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night