The Illinois Racing Board Nov. 27 approved Hawthorne Race Course's request to drop seven Wednesday cards because of the effects of an outbreak of neurological equine herpes on the backstretch.
Calder restricts training hours, racing entry of horses in two barns that may have been exposed to neurological form of equine herpesvirus type-1 (EHV-1). Regulations expected to last into early January.
Britain's Levy Board has extensively changed its codes of practice regarding the infectious diseases CEM, EHV and EVA, which can severely disrupt horse breeding.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Taptowne Looks for Breakthrough in Texas Mile