Favored Pleasant Prince took the overland route in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 10, scoring a convincing four-length victory for his second win in three starts.
Favored Pleasant Prince closed with a burst to snatch victory from Worldly by a nose at the wire of the $100,000 Ohio Derby (gr. III) at Thistledown July 31.
Owner Ken Ramsey was optimistic, but also realistic about Pleasant Prince's chances to pull an upset in the May 15 Preaknesss Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico.
The son of Indy King works in company as he prepares for the Preakness (gr. I).
Ken Ramsey reports that Pleasant Prince will start in the April 24 The Cliff's Edge Derby Trial (gr. III). With a victory in Churchill Downs' one-turn mile prep, the colt will be entered in the Kentucky Derby.
Indy King, a son of A.P. Indy, will stand at Indiana Stallion Station near Anderson, Ind.
Florida freshman sire Indy King sired his first winner Sept. 11. First-time starter Indy Joe won a $40,000 Delaware maiden special weight wire-to-wire against a field of nine other horses at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage