Favored Pleasant Prince took the overland route in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 10, scoring a convincing four-length victory for his second win in three starts.
Favored Pleasant Prince closed with a burst to snatch victory from Worldly by a nose at the wire of the $100,000 Ohio Derby (gr. III) at Thistledown July 31.
Owner Ken Ramsey was optimistic, but also realistic about Pleasant Prince's chances to pull an upset in the May 15 Preaknesss Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico.
The son of Indy King works in company as he prepares for the Preakness (gr. I).
Ken Ramsey reports that Pleasant Prince will start in the April 24 The Cliff's Edge Derby Trial (gr. III). With a victory in Churchill Downs' one-turn mile prep, the colt will be entered in the Kentucky Derby.
Indy King, a son of A.P. Indy, will stand at Indiana Stallion Station near Anderson, Ind.
Florida freshman sire Indy King sired his first winner Sept. 11. First-time starter Indy Joe won a $40,000 Delaware maiden special weight wire-to-wire against a field of nine other horses at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired