Biondetti, a group I-winning son of Bernardini, has been retired and will enter stud in 2013 at Woodford Thoroughbreds in Reddick, Fla. The fee will be $4,000 live foal.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
The feeling that Empire Maker's move to Japan was a significant loss for U.S. breeders, especially as an excellent cross for A.P. Indy, was reinforced when Royal Delta won the Alabama.
Biondetti remained undefeated when he held off the late charge of Singapore Lilly to capture the Gran Criterium (It-I) by a half-length at San Siro Oct. 9.
Indy Five Hundred sold for $3 million as Fasig-Tipton November select mixed sale got under way.
New York-based 5-year-old mares Riskaverse and Wonder Again meet for the eighth time in their careers as the favorites in the $750,000 Flower Bowl Invitational (gr. IT) on the Belmont Park turf Saturday.
Vodafone Epsom Oaks (gr. I) winner Casual Look is among 10 3-year-old fillies entered for Saturday's $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. I) at Keeneland Race Course.
Georgica Stable won its second grade I race of the weekend at Belmont Park when Indy Five Hundred, ridden by Pat Day, rumbled past even-money favorite Dimitrova in the stretch to win the $250,000 Garden City Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) on the turf Sunday.
Trainer Bobby Barbara's summer in Saratoga Springs was almost perfect. "I was happy with our record," he said. "We won six races, but I'd give a few of them back to get her up. I really wanted to win that race."
Before a record crowd of 71,337 at Saratoga, heavily favored Sand Springs bolted to an early lead and held off Indy Five Hundred and Film Maker to win the Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries