A handsome gray colt by Medaglia d'Oro lit up the Fasig-Tipton auction ring Oct. 23 when he was purchased by Mark Casse for $440,000 on the third and last day of the fall yearling sale.
Red Oak Stable's Strolling Belle is the highweight for Saturday's grade III, $100,000 Turnback the Alarm at Aqueduct. The 5-year-old daughter of Strolling Along won the Personal Ensign at Monmouth before being disqualified from second in her last outing, the Long Look at the Meadowlands, when jockey Eibar Coa struck a rival with his whip.
Most Popular Stories
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Red Rifle Rallies to Dominion Day Victory
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Our Caravan Spoils Normandy Invasion Comeback
- Former Owner, Publicity Director Disney Dies
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- California Implements New Whip Rule