Successful Irish stallion Marju, sire of five-time group I winner Soviet Song and Hong Kong Horses of the Year Viva Pataca and Indigenous among 68 stakes winners, has died at the age of 28, Derrinstown Stud announced Oct. 11.
With stamina to spare as he crossed the finish line, Fenomeno won the US$3,437,000 Tenno Sho (Spring) (Jpn-I) from Tosen Ra and globetrotter Red Cadeaux in a breakthrough victory April 28 at Kyoto.
Among the horses preparing for the Nov. 23 and 24 grade I races in Japan are Abreeze, Indigenous, Red Sun, and Storming Home, who are already in Japan.
Eishin Preston, an American-bred son of Green Dancer based in Japan, defeated Takao Watanabe's Agnes Digital by a half-length in Sunday's Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) on good turf at Sha Tin.
Trainer Julio Canani had Ladies Din out on the grass track at Nad al Sheba before the sun was up. The six-year-old is back in Dubai for another shot at the Dubai Duty Free (UAE-IIT) in which he ran 5th 2 1/2 lengths behind the winner, Rhythm Band, last year.
Aptitude, who is in Dubai preparing for Saturday's Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), worked 1,200 meters (six furlongs) Sunday. The son of A.P. Indy covered the distance in 1:10.4 while moving with stablemate Lido Palace.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown