At only six furlongs, the Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) raises more questions regarding post positions than do many of the longer races. Yet historically Sprint wins have been scattered throughout the starting gate.
- By Claire Novak
Claire Novak updates us on Breeders' Cup from Santa Anita on Oct. 27, 2014. Learn about today's works, California Chrome and more! watch video
Monday, Oct. 27, was another busy work day at Santa Anita Park for horses pointing toward the Breeders' Cup World Championships. Meanwhile, the connections of horses entered were awaiting the post position draw later Monday.
Trainer Bob Baffert discusses his Breeders' Cup hopefuls, including the speedy Bayern, with Ron Mitchell of The Blood-Horse. Bob expands on the meaning of the event for owners and also gives us an update on Hoppertunity. Listen Now
Undefeated colt will make his stakes debut for Bob Baffert following allowance romp in the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 8 at Santa Anita Park.
Hoosier Park Racing & Casino has invested $3 million in a new off-track wagering facility designed to attract a broader range of customers in downtown Indianapolis.
Indiana Downs' quest to obtain permission to operate a Marion County satellite wagering facility may have encountered it first roadblock.
Two Indiana racetracks made their cases for and against a second off-track betting parlor in Indianapolis. The Indiana Horse Racing Commission heard the arguments but made no decision.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission will hear arguments May 22 for and against granting Indiana Downs permission to build an Indianapolis off-track betting facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned