J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) and La Brea Stakes (gr. I). read blog
Bob Baffert will take four shots at champion Shared Belief in the $300,000 Malibu Stakes (gr. I), the featured event as Santa Anita Park kicks off its 2014-15 winter/spring meet the day after Christmas.
At only six furlongs, the Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) raises more questions regarding post positions than do many of the longer races. Yet historically Sprint wins have been scattered throughout the starting gate.
- By Claire Novak
Claire Novak updates us on Breeders' Cup from Santa Anita on Oct. 27, 2014. Learn about today's works, California Chrome and more! watch video
Monday, Oct. 27, was another busy work day at Santa Anita Park for horses pointing toward the Breeders' Cup World Championships. Meanwhile, the connections of horses entered were awaiting the post position draw later Monday.
Undefeated colt will make his stakes debut for Bob Baffert following allowance romp in the San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 8 at Santa Anita Park.
Hoosier Park Racing & Casino has invested $3 million in a new off-track wagering facility designed to attract a broader range of customers in downtown Indianapolis.
Indiana Downs' quest to obtain permission to operate a Marion County satellite wagering facility may have encountered it first roadblock.
Two Indiana racetracks made their cases for and against a second off-track betting parlor in Indianapolis. The Indiana Horse Racing Commission heard the arguments but made no decision.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission will hear arguments May 22 for and against granting Indiana Downs permission to build an Indianapolis off-track betting facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling