Ruidoso Downs in New Mexico has indicated it will stay put if it gets tax relief from the state, but if not it plans to move to Las Cruces, located about 85 miles southwest.
The chairman of an important Florida Senate committee March 24 introduced a bill that would allow Gulfstream Park and Calder Race Course to have blackjack and baccarat, while permitting the Seminole Tribe of Florida to keep those two games and add roulette and crap tables at its casinos.
Indian tribes, the horse racing industry, and Gov. Brad Henry have reached an agreement on legislation that would allow racetracks to install gaming machines and regulate devices currently operating at tribal casinos. The measure now goes to the state legislature.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park