The Cliff's Edge Derby Trial (gr. III) isn't much of a Kentucky Derby (gr. I) trial anymore, but that has not prevented the race from drawing a strong mix of sprinters/milers on opening night at Churchill Downs.
With morning-line favorite Premier Pegasus scratched from the 2011 Santa Anita Derby, is it now anybody's race? Will Silver Medallion take to the dirt? Is it time for another surprise? Predict the Order
San Felipe winner and morning line favorite Premier Pegasus, owned and trainer by Myung Kwon Cho, is out due to a hairline fracture.
Add Indian Winter to the list of probables for the $1 million Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) on April 9.
Beer Meister, at 40-1, rallied from last to win the $50,000 Turf Paradise Derby, upsetting the 7-10 favorite Indian Winter at the Phoenix, Ariz., track Feb. 26.
All others and Uncle Mo are getting heavily bet so far. Read Blog
Lightning-fast 3-year-old The Factor, who turned heads when he broke his maiden in track record time in December, will make his much-anticipated season debut in the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 20 at Santa Anita.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Indian Firewater's grade II San Fernando score was the biggest victory for several Indian Charlie colts running the weekend of January 15.
Three-time stakes winner J P's Gusto heads a field of 11 juveniles entered for the $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) Sept. 8, the closing day of the popular 37-day summer meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon Rupture in Older Horses
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen