A catchy name. Distinctive running style. The right connections. Quirky physical attribute. Talent. Personality. Intangibles. All factor into the elusive concept of charisma. One either has it or doesn't. Groupie Doll has it.
Trainer Buff Bradley admits he doesn't remember every horse foaled on his Indian Ridge Farm in Frankfort, Ky., but he certainly remembers the birthday of Humana Distaff (gr. I) winner Groupie Doll.
On Oct. 20, one year after winning the Sycamore (gr. IIIT), Keeneland patrons will be able to pay tribute to the now-retired fan favorite Brass Hat.
Kipper Kelly, whose son Kelly Kip was one of the top sprinters of the late 1990s, died Sept. 11 after suffering a heart attack at Jerry Meaux' Indian Ridge Farm near Duson, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler