Free Spirit's Joy, the winner of the 1991 Super Derby (gr. I) at Louisiana Downs at 28-1, died. The 27-year-old horse resided at the Bradley family's Indian Ridge Farm near Frankfort, Ky.
A catchy name. Distinctive running style. The right connections. Quirky physical attribute. Talent. Personality. Intangibles. All factor into the elusive concept of charisma. One either has it or doesn't. Groupie Doll has it.
Trainer Buff Bradley admits he doesn't remember every horse foaled on his Indian Ridge Farm in Frankfort, Ky., but he certainly remembers the birthday of Humana Distaff (gr. I) winner Groupie Doll.
On Oct. 20, one year after winning the Sycamore (gr. IIIT), Keeneland patrons will be able to pay tribute to the now-retired fan favorite Brass Hat.
Kipper Kelly, whose son Kelly Kip was one of the top sprinters of the late 1990s, died Sept. 11 after suffering a heart attack at Jerry Meaux' Indian Ridge Farm near Duson, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November
- Mondialiste Likely for Breeders' Cup Turf