A catchy name. Distinctive running style. The right connections. Quirky physical attribute. Talent. Personality. Intangibles. All factor into the elusive concept of charisma. One either has it or doesn't. Groupie Doll has it.
Trainer Buff Bradley admits he doesn't remember every horse foaled on his Indian Ridge Farm in Frankfort, Ky., but he certainly remembers the birthday of Humana Distaff (gr. I) winner Groupie Doll.
On Oct. 20, one year after winning the Sycamore (gr. IIIT), Keeneland patrons will be able to pay tribute to the now-retired fan favorite Brass Hat.
Kipper Kelly, whose son Kelly Kip was one of the top sprinters of the late 1990s, died Sept. 11 after suffering a heart attack at Jerry Meaux' Indian Ridge Farm near Duson, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Travers Stakes: Bayern Gets a Bath