A catchy name. Distinctive running style. The right connections. Quirky physical attribute. Talent. Personality. Intangibles. All factor into the elusive concept of charisma. One either has it or doesn't. Groupie Doll has it.
Trainer Buff Bradley admits he doesn't remember every horse foaled on his Indian Ridge Farm in Frankfort, Ky., but he certainly remembers the birthday of Humana Distaff (gr. I) winner Groupie Doll.
On Oct. 20, one year after winning the Sycamore (gr. IIIT), Keeneland patrons will be able to pay tribute to the now-retired fan favorite Brass Hat.
Kipper Kelly, whose son Kelly Kip was one of the top sprinters of the late 1990s, died Sept. 11 after suffering a heart attack at Jerry Meaux' Indian Ridge Farm near Duson, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Elite Belle, Magnifisio Win in Australia
- Captain Serious on Toes for Fall Highweight
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike