Free Spirit's Joy, the winner of the 1991 Super Derby (gr. I) at Louisiana Downs at 28-1, died. The 27-year-old horse resided at the Bradley family's Indian Ridge Farm near Frankfort, Ky.
A catchy name. Distinctive running style. The right connections. Quirky physical attribute. Talent. Personality. Intangibles. All factor into the elusive concept of charisma. One either has it or doesn't. Groupie Doll has it.
Trainer Buff Bradley admits he doesn't remember every horse foaled on his Indian Ridge Farm in Frankfort, Ky., but he certainly remembers the birthday of Humana Distaff (gr. I) winner Groupie Doll.
On Oct. 20, one year after winning the Sycamore (gr. IIIT), Keeneland patrons will be able to pay tribute to the now-retired fan favorite Brass Hat.
Kipper Kelly, whose son Kelly Kip was one of the top sprinters of the late 1990s, died Sept. 11 after suffering a heart attack at Jerry Meaux' Indian Ridge Farm near Duson, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested