Walter New's homebred Flying Circle launched a furious rally in the stretch to finish a half-length in front, and then survived an inquiry by stewards to win the $111,100 Mariah's Storm Stakes, a five-furlong event for fillies and mares, 3-years-old and up, on the turf Nov. 18 at Churchill Downs.
Tempting Date, the stakes-winning 5-year-old mare who easily won a five-furlong turf allowance at Lone Star Park on June 7, could be the horse to beat for Saturday's $50,000 Nevill/Kyocera Stakes.
Costume Designer, a consistent daughter of Capote, is ready for her first race in nearly seven months in the $100,000-added Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 1⁄2 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf on New Year's Day.
Unbeaten Bully Bones, winner of the Sorrento (gr. III) earlier this month, heads a field of 11 2-year-old fillies entered for Saturday's $250,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) at seven furlongs on the main track.
Three stakes winners head a prospective field of 10 for Saturday's grade I, $250,000 Del Mar Debutante at seven furlongs.
Bully Bones made it back-to-back victories to begin her career when she won Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies in determined fashion at Del Mar.
Indian Breeze and Hystericalady, both undefeated in two starts, head a field of nine 2-year-old fillies for Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III).
Unbeaten River's Prayer, a 3 1/2-length winner of the June 4 Cinderella Stakes as the odds-on favorite, figures to draw heavy support again on Saturday when facing eight rival 2-year-old fillies in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Landaluce Stakes at six furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup