The Jockeys' Guild and the New Mexico Horsemen's Association have reached an agreement on a new mount fee schedule that will provide an increase in base mount fees for jockeys at all New Mexico tracks.
On May 19, the New Mexico Racing Commission approved several key rule changes that were advocated by Sunland Park for its accreditation application to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance
The Pojoaque Pueblo tribe has filed an application with the New Mexico Racing Commission to reopen The Downs at Santa Fe, which would become the sixth racetrack in the state. The tribe wants to begin live racing in 2007 and also hopes to install slot machines.
The New Mexico Racing Commission has suspended a Sunland Park jockey caught at Sunland Park with a small device that generates an electric jolt to prod racehorses to run faster.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala