The Jockeys' Guild and the New Mexico Horsemen's Association have reached an agreement on a new mount fee schedule that will provide an increase in base mount fees for jockeys at all New Mexico tracks.
On May 19, the New Mexico Racing Commission approved several key rule changes that were advocated by Sunland Park for its accreditation application to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Safety and Integrity Alliance
The Pojoaque Pueblo tribe has filed an application with the New Mexico Racing Commission to reopen The Downs at Santa Fe, which would become the sixth racetrack in the state. The tribe wants to begin live racing in 2007 and also hopes to install slot machines.
The New Mexico Racing Commission has suspended a Sunland Park jockey caught at Sunland Park with a small device that generates an electric jolt to prod racehorses to run faster.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls