Attendance, on-track handle, and total handle all posted gains over 2011 totals as 25,676 turned out for opening day of the 144th meeting at Saratoga Race Course July 20.
Average daily purse distribution at Zia Park Racetrack will increase to more than $300,000, which should attract top racehorses from throughout the Midwest and western United States.
The New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association (NYTHA) and the Jockeys' Guild have agreed to a new scale of mount fees for jockeys at tracks run by the New York Racing Association which will take effect April 2, the Guild announced in a March 8 press release.
After refusing to support a proposed increase in jockey mount fees, horsemen in Illinois called an emergency meeting June 22 to further discuss the issue as presented by the Jockeys' Guild, then canceled the meeting.
Philadelphia Park announced a $10,000 per day purse increase.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special
- New H-2B Visa Program Rules Released
- Average of 16 Million Viewed KY Derby on NBC
- Solid Gains in Economic Indicators for April
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Former NBA Chief to Speak at Conference
- U.S. Rep. Marean Joins AHC Board of Trustees