Brereton Jones' homebred Check the Label took over approaching the sixteenth-pole and drew clear to win the $150,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) by 2 3/4 lengths July 17 at Colonial Downs.
Bay to Bay, winner of last month's American One Thousand Guineas at Arlington Park, heads an evenly matched group of 10 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Boiling Springs Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf June 26 at Monmouth.
J D Farms' homebred Bim Bam, who upset Interactif last month, shares top weight with Dean's Kitten in the $150,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 6 at Gulfstream Park.
In the Rough used a rail-skimming ride from Joe Bravo to register her first stakes win in the $125,000 Coconut Grove over the Gulfstream Park turf Feb. 14.
A pair of good-looking juveniles, each coming off graded stakes scores in New York, will do battle Nov. 28 in the $200,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress