Brereton Jones' homebred Check the Label took over approaching the sixteenth-pole and drew clear to win the $150,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT) by 2 3/4 lengths July 17 at Colonial Downs.
Bay to Bay, winner of last month's American One Thousand Guineas at Arlington Park, heads an evenly matched group of 10 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Boiling Springs Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf June 26 at Monmouth.
J D Farms' homebred Bim Bam, who upset Interactif last month, shares top weight with Dean's Kitten in the $150,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 6 at Gulfstream Park.
In the Rough used a rail-skimming ride from Joe Bravo to register her first stakes win in the $125,000 Coconut Grove over the Gulfstream Park turf Feb. 14.
A pair of good-looking juveniles, each coming off graded stakes scores in New York, will do battle Nov. 28 in the $200,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017