Five-year-old Host improved to three-for-three on the Gulfstream Park turf, wearing down pacesetting Navesink River in the closing strides to win the $100,000 Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday.
French group III winner Puppeteer invades Calder Race Course for his new trainer, California-based Jeff Mullins, in the $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT), a 1 1/2-mile turf event on Saturday.
Silver Tree and Host, both graded stakes winners in 2004, are the likely favorites in the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course Saturday.
After establishing himself as one of the leading sophomore turf runners in the nation last year, Kicken Kris drops out of grade I company Saturday in search of a much-needed win in the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park.
Meteor Storm, the morning line favorite in a field of 12 entered for Saturday's $750,000 United Nations (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park, must overcome the extreme outside post.
In Hand, a 4-year-old son of Belong To Me, made a strong rally to catch rival Host near the eighth pole and then won a battle to the wire for a neck victory in the 1 1/2-mile $100,000 Greenwood Cup Handicap Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
Trainer Phil Oliver feels his Monmouth-based late-developing 3-year-old In Hand is ready for stakes-caliber competition in Saturday's $100,000 Long Branch Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas