Unrelenting demand for quality horses led to record revenues for Tattersalls' 2013 sales season, which ended with a four-day mare sale that saw financials soaring across the board at its conclusion Dec. 5.
English and French group I winner Immortal Verse sold in foal to Dansili for 4.7 million guineas ($8,090,580 in United States funds), a European record price for a broodmare, at the Tattersalls December mare sale Dec. 3.
Superstar Frankel kept his unbeaten record intact with a dominating victory in the $1,560,000 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Sponsored by QIPCO (Eng-I) at Ascot Oct. 15.
Immortal Verse once again displayed her sparkling turn of foot as she charged past Goldikova in the closing stages to win the $854,658 Prix Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 15.
Immortal Verse displayed a sparkling turn of foot, sweeping from last to first in the final furlong to win the $403,797 Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?