Viscount Nelson turned in a career-best performance to win the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort Sponsored by Al Tayer Motors (UAE-II) at Meydan Racecourse Feb. 16.
Trainer Carla Gaines knew from the beginning that she had an extremely talented filly in Warren Williamson's homebred Nashoba's Key, unbeaten in six starts. But even she admits she's a little surprised at the filly's rapid rise in the distaff ranks.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien sends out Imagine and Galileo to win the Epsom Oaks and Derby.
Imagine completed a classic double when she won the Epsom Oaks Friday in England. On May 27, the Sadler's Wells filly won the Irish One Thousand Guineas at the Curragh.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien leads the way in the 2001 Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) with 10 of the 101 entries -- up five on last year's total of 96 -- it was announced March 14. The £325,000 Vodafone Oaks will be run June 8 at Epsom.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash