I'madrifter, a Washington champion and graded stakes winner, was euthanized Oct. 12 because of complications from a broken pastern.
Daniel O'Neill's I'madrifter went gate to wire Saturday to triumph in the $100,000 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) at one mile at Golden Gate Park.
Halo Cat gave trainer Jerry Hollendorfer his fourth victory in the San Carlos Handicap by defeating Fleetstreet Dancer by 1 1/4 lengths in the one-mile feature Saturday at Golden Gate Fields.
I'madrifter began 2003 the same way he kicked off 2002 – with gate-to-wire victory in the $83,100 Lafayette Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Irisheyesareflying heads the field for the $100,000 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Golden Gate Fields. A hefty roster of 11 is slated to face the starter for the one-mile contest over the main track.
Zillah the Hun tracked early leader I'madrifter into the stretch, inherited the lead inside the final furlong as that rival veered in at the sixteenth-pole and fell after hitting the inside rail, and held off the late charge of Jumron Won to win the $97,500 California Juvenile Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday at Bay Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC