Imadeed, who was involved in a spill at Belmont Park on Belmont Stakes Day, was euthanized on June 20. The 5-year-old mare was owned by Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Imadeed, injured in Saturday's WNBC Stakes, is still recovering at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Proud Citizen, who was vanned off the track after finishing fifth in Saturday's Belmont Stakes, has a cracked left shin, according to trainer D. Wayne Lukas.
John Velazquez, who was involved in a spill on Friday, was involved in another on Saturday at Belmont Park. Velazquez took off his first three mounts Saturday, then in his first mount back, fell aboard Imadeed as the horses hit the three-sixteenths pole in the Belmont Stakes Day fourth race, the WNBC.
Though trainer Allen Jerkens may not like his "Giant Killer" nickname, the moniker is unlikely to go away as long as he keeps sending out high-priced winners in high-class races. Jerkens struck again Sunday when jockey Jean-Luc Samyn guided Shine Again through a gap along the rail at the top of the stretch and held off a late run from Country Hideaway to win Sunday's $250,000 Ballerina Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm